Additional Card Manager Details
Additional Card Manager details include the following:
- Determine cardholders and handle enrollment procedures
- Monitoring expenditures in your department on PaymentNet Software
- Requesting new cards as needed
- Ensuring that each cardholder has signed a P-Card Authorization Form/Agreement and return to Card Administrator.
- To help with monthly reconciling on the JP Morgan statement, the Card Manager must retain a folder for receipts from cardholders. Receipts should be collected from cardholders as soon as a purchase is made during the month. Then, when the JP Morgan statement is received, all receipts should be already filed and ready to attach to the JP Morgan statement which will expedite the monthly payment.
- Card Managers need to reconcile the JP Morgan statement each month. The easiest way to reconcile is to check the llower right hand side of the first page of the JP Morgan statement. “Previous Balance” and “Payments” should state the same amount. This will show that your previous balance was paid in full. “Purchases” and “Other Charges” should equal “New Balance” and “Total Payment Due”. If they do not match, check the “Statement Messages” which will show the outstanding amount past due. If the balance should have been paid in full, contact the P-Card Administrator, 438-3373 or the Business Office, 438-5730.
- Collecting the P-Card and handling the termination procedures of the P-Card for staff members who are terminating employment in your area or who no longer need the P-Card. This includes notifying the card administrator by email or by phone at (309) 438-1946.
How many cards can my department obtain?
There is only one card manager but each department may have as many cardholders as needed.
What is the process for obtaining the P-Cards?
The first step in obtaining a credit card is for the manager and each cardholder to fill out an application form. The card manager may contact the card administrator by email or by phone at (309) 438-3373 for the applications. Please allow two weeks for processing after applications have been returned to the card administrator. When the credit cards arrive, the administrator will contact the card manager for training. The department will receive the credit cards after the card manager completes the training. The training is a one-hour session that gives direction on monitoring the expenses in your department and payment on PaymentNet.
Can the P-Card be used for travel?
No, the P-Card is blocked for travel expenses due to state policies and regulations except airfare and conference registrations.
What if the P-Card is lost or stolen?
The card manager or cardholder must immediately call JP Morgan at (800) 316-6056. Also, report immediately to the card administrator to inactivate the credit card. If stolen, please report the theft to the police.