There is a new electronic requisition process that is now available campus-wide. Begin the process by accessing the SharePoint requisition intake system. Please note that this does not replace the need to create a requisition in Colleague/Datatel, but it is a uniform way to submit backup documentation, provide crucial information to the Purchasing Office, and allows for Budget Officer approval through the SharePoint system instead of in Colleague.
Training sessions for the new submission process is available monthly. Sign up for Training.
The SharePoint system is the only allowable way to submit requisition documentation and Budget Officer approvals.
A requisition is an online form in Colleague (REQM) used for the acquisition for goods or services.
When to Use
- When a signature is required
- When on-campus labor is required
- When the needed goods or services total $10,000 or more.
How to Submit
Create a requisition electronically using the Colleague Financial System. Training is required before authorization is given to do this. Instructions for access to Colleague can be found at https://accountingoffice.illinoisstate.edu/colleague/. Requisition training is available on the Purchasing website main page under "University Resources".; Attachments for the requisition must be submitted via SharePoint requisition intake system.
Small Purchases (>$20,000 - bid limit)
- Purchases $20,000 and under, it is recommended that you acquire multiple quotes.
- Purchases over $20,000, see the Small Purchase Process (>$20K to bid limit) as stated on the Purchasing Site.
- Vendor information should be put in the vendor field. If there are multiple vendors or a specific point of contact, the name, address, phone, and email address should be put in the Printed Comments field.
- A complete description of what is needed, the quantity needed, and the estimated unit price.
- Mail code and name of department in the Printed Comments field.
- The account number that will pay for the goods or services.
- A delivery address for Central Receiving that consists of a building and room number. Most packages will be delivered to Central Receiving, who will then deliver them to the departments. There should be a two digit code that can be entered in the Ship To field, or this information may be typed in the Printed Comments field.
- The name and phone number of the department contact for the order in the Printed Comments field.
- The Budget Officer/Fiscal Agent's approval.
- Do not mark the requisition as done.
When two or more account numbers will be used to pay for a single requisition, we will need to know the amount each account should encumber. If the accounts are from different departments, we will need the approval of all departments to move forward. For any special requirements, please contact Purchasing.
Requirements for Blanket Purchase Order Requisitions
- State clearly in the Printed Comments field that it is a request for a blanket purchase order to be issued to a vendor.
- In cases where the bidding process is required or desired, list specific items to be bid upon. Also, list recommended vendors with their address, phone, and email in the Printed Comments field.
- Give a "not to exceed" dollar amount. This should be a reasonable estimate of what your department will spend in the current fiscal year with this vendor for the indicated items.
If there are multiple vendors or a specific point of contact, the name, address, phone, and email address should be put in the Printed Comments field.